5 Hints for Faster Turn Times
The appraisal profession is evolving continuously. Often, it seems, appraisers are asked to provide additional information or have steps added to their appraisal process. They do this extra work to guarantee the end user is presented with the best information available. In order to keep up with the continuously changing requirements, Greater Orlando Appraisal Assoc., Inc. is constantly testing new tools and tweaking processes to increase efficiency so we can do more work for our clients. At Greater Orlando Appraisal Assoc., Inc. we know that time is important to everybody, so we've listed a few items you can do to accelerate the process on any appraisals you order with Greater Orlando Appraisal Assoc., Inc..
- Are you ordering appraisals online?
- When you order online, you automatically receive e-mail notifications that the assignment was received, and fast, secure .PDF format report delivery. This tip single-handedly will save the most time! No longer do we have to retype information from a fax, and nor will you wonder whether we got the request.
- Are you providing complete and accurate data about the subject property?
- Being just one number off on the street address can really unnecessarily delay an appraisal assignment. And if you have a tax parcel number, plat map number, subdivision name or anything else that uniquely identifies the property, please pass it along. We even welcome lists of recent sales from the area — remember, however, that professional appraisers are lawfully required to do their own due diligence on comparable sales, and ours may differ from yours.
If you have any questions about your property or an appraisal we're working on for you, you're always free to call us at
- Are you letting us know up front any characteristics of the property that might make it distinct?
- Cookie-cutter homes are relatively easy to appraise. What takes time is analyzing how differing features add to or detract from what otherwise would be a property's market value. At the time you order your report, be sure to let us know if there are unique elements of the home or surrounding area -- for example, it's recently had an addition built on, it's subject to zoning restrictions, it's susceptible to flooding. While these are things that we'd find out on our own, knowing them sooner makes your report arrive quicker.
- Let the homeowner know what to expect.
- One of the most time consuming tasks of the appraisal process is confirming an appointment with the occupants of the home. Some homeowners are clearly apprehensive with the fact an unknown persons wants to come in their house, look around, and take numerous notes. One common belief is that they must make the place spotless before the inspection, believing that will increase the appraised value. So they reschedule the inspection until it is cleaned.
Coming directly from you -- someone they are working with on their loan -- a short explanation about the appraisal process, who we are, and especially that dusting and polishing won't make it more likely their sale will close, and can shorten the time it takes to inspect a home. Please feel free to point your customers to this website, where we have lots of pages of useful information for homeowners as well as others describing the appraisal process. Encourage them to call us if they want to become familiar with the staff and our services. Remind them it benefits them to set the appointment soon!
- Easily track the status of your report on our website.
- No more phone and fax tag. Up-to-the-minute status updates are available online, anytime, 24/7. As each important milestone in an assignment is completed, that information can be viewed instantly online. It's never been easier to track your report's status.