5 Tips for Faster Turn Times
Appraising is an always changing profession. Often, it seems, appraisers are asked to supply extra information or have steps added to their appraisal process. All to ensure their client gets the best data available. In order to stay current with the continuously changing requirements, Greater Orlando Appraisal Assoc., Inc. is continuously testing additional tools and improving processes to increase efficiency so we can do more work for you. Since Greater Orlando Appraisal Assoc., Inc. knows that time is important to everyone, here are some items you can do to hasten the process each time you order an appraisal with Greater Orlando Appraisal Assoc., Inc..
- Order your appraisals electronically.
- By ordering online, you get automatic e-mail confirmations that the request was received, and fast, secure .PDF format report delivery. This is the single biggest time saver available to both of us! No longer do we have to retype information from a fax, and nor will you wonder whether we got the order.
- Complete and accurate subject property information is crucial.
- Being just one number off on the street address can really add unnecessary time to an appraisal assignment. Unique identifiers like a tax parcel number, plat map number, or subdivision name is great information to include with your assignment. Even a list of recent sales in the area is welcome — though be advised that professional appraisers must always do their own due diligence on comparable sales, and ours may differ from yours.
You're always welcome to call us at if you have any questions about your property or an appraisal we're working on for you.
- Be sure to tell us about the property's unique elements.
- Cookie-cutter homes are relatively easy to appraise. Most of an appraiser's time is spent analyzing how unique elements contribute to or detract from what otherwise would be a property's market value. When you order your report, let us know if there are unique features of the home or surrounding area -- for example, it's had a recent addition built on, it's subject to zoning restrictions, it's prone to flooding. These are things we'll find out on our own anyway, and knowing them early on makes your report arrive faster.
- Be sure the homeowner knows the the plan.
- Setting an appointment with the homeowner can be one of the most inefficient tasks in the appraisal process. Many homeowners are understandably uncomfortable with the thought an outsider wants to come in their home, look around, and make lots of notes. Not uncommonly they think they need to make the place spotless before the appraiser comes by, having the thought that will increase the value. And will put off the appointment until they have cleaned.
Coming directly from you -- the person they have been working with on their loan -- some knowledge about the appraisal process, who we are, and especially that dusting and polishing won't change their home's value one little bit, and can shorten the appraisal inspection time. Our website has many pages of useful information about the appraisal process for homeowners. Please feel free to share it with your customers. They can even call us if they want to meet our staff and learn more about our services. Remind them it benefits them to set the appointment quickly!
- Easily keep tabs on the status of your report on our website.
- No more phone and fax tag. Up-to-the-minute status updates are available online, anytime, 24/7. As we complete each important milestone in an assignment, that information can be viewed instantly online. It's never been easier to keep track of your report's status.